Jadu Ghar (House of Magic), le dinosaure
black and white photography, silver print on baryta paper mounted on aluminium and wood
40 x 60 cm
This image after a series of four photographs was taken in the geology section of the Indian Museum in Calcutta before it closed in 2013 for renovation. This colonial time institution is the first Indian museum founded in 1814 by the Asiatic Society of Bengal. Its first curator, Dr. Nathaniel Wallich, was a time Super-Intendant of the botanical garden in Calcutta for the East India Company.